Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Trek to JOY and a LIGHTER life!

Welcome to the first leg of my trek!

Well, actually I haven't started the TREK just yet, I am still in the planning and preparing stages. My experience (camping trips without the propane, car trips without the map, hikes without the water) tells me that preparing is the most important part of the trip!

Before I share my preparations let me answer a few questions all five of you are dying to know the answers to!



1) Where are you going? I am going to a peaceful place where there is lots of joy to be had. In this place I am lighter - both literally and figuratively. One could call this my weight loss voyage, but I will try not to get too caught up in the weight loss part of it, because it really is SO MUCH MORE! Or at least I hope it is!



2) Why a TREK and not a journey? I think "journey" is HIGHLY overused, especially by life coach types, so I decided to avoid the cliche! Plus, the synonyms for trek seemed wildly appropriate and included words like: ramble, climb, scramble, trudge, tramp and slog! I think I will be doing all of those things. Journey seems too pretty for what I am about to do.



3) Why should we read this blog and share it with others? I am hoping that through my vulnerability you will be able to find some common ground. We have all struggled with something. I figure if I share my trek with you (again, all five of you!) you will find some grain of hope and truth, something to laugh at, something to expect, or something to be inspired by. At the very least I want this to be my accountability. I have an audience to consider, after all. I wouldn't want my "trek" to end at the top of my driveway!



4) How long will this trek take? If only I knew!



Next step: Packing for my trek (oops! almost called it a journey!).

I have never back-packed so I thought I would give that a shot. I hear it is harder than hell and that's what this feels like, so it seems more appropriate than, say, flying! Plus, when I think of the extra weight I have been carrying it feels like I am carrying a backpack. It is heavy and cumbersome. So, the first thing I am going to do is reorganize my pack.

Tune in next time to see what I will be stowing in my backpack...



Pass this along to anyone who may enjoy it!

xxoo Hannah

2 comments:

Shannon Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Bruce said...

Packing my back pack now to join you on the daring and adventurous trek we are about to embark upon...Here's to all that we learn!